Saturday, April 30, 2005

Dropping 100 pounds? Yow.

Dropping 100 pounds is what came up when I clicked "next blog" on my blog. Not sure if that's just a coincidence or if Blogger is just that way. But to clarify, this is not a weight loss blog. Actually I'm more interested in the physics of it than anything else. Figuring out how many calories per pound of body weight and such. I did some calculations on the distance I could exert a certain force over, starting from how much force is needed to overcome the gravitational pull of the earth against my mass, and how many calories (and thus kilocalories) are needed to do it. It's pretty cool: if I converted a pound of fat into pure energy instantly and exerted it downwards as pure kinetic energy, I could leap tall buildings in a single bound! Practically flying.

0 Comments: